Thursday, August 28, 2008

Here we go!

Well, its been a while since my last post but now the excitement is drawing to a crescendo as the college football season begins and we await our beloved Golden Bears' visit to Maryland in just about two weeks!

The inaugural game of the season on Saturday has me a bit frustrated. According to ABC, 76% of the country is getting the Alabama/Clemson game while the remainder get Cal/MSU. For some inexplicable reason, Philadelphia falls in the former group. Seems a bit odd since MSU is Big-10 school and Eagles fans would love to the the alma mater of Desean Jackson. Am I right?

Well, I guess I could pay $19.95 to watch on PPV and/or listen to Starkey on the internet (would do that anyway). Guess I'll have to bide my time until I can see them live!

For the Maryland game, we got a room at the Marriott Conference Center on campus. All the Cal dignitaries will be staying there. Joe Kapp is featured prominently in the lineup as is Sandy Barbour and others (incl. the Cal Band!). Go to http://www.calphilly.org if you want more info about all the events of the weekend.

Fun fact, the President of the University of Maryland is a Cal alum. Dan Mote has deep ties to Cal. Read his bio here.

So let's get ready for a great season. Go Bears!

No comments: